Here's my presentation in PDF format. If I had it to do over, I would definitely have spent more time on the graphics and I also would have included testing the web site as the final step in building it.
It was also picture day, so one class was late showing up. I killed time by asking the other class what their favorite web sites were. The sites they mentioned were Facebook, some retail sites, and some gaming sites. I was struck by how quiet most of the kids were when asking their questions (either that, or my hearing is going).
After my presentation, I gave the kids a chance to ask questions. Here are some of the questions they asked me:
- "What was the first web site you built?"
- "Do you have to have good grades to be a web designer?"
- "What was the hardest site to build?"
- "What's your favorite site you made?"
- "If you're a freelance designer, how do you get people to give you work?" (I expect this perceptive boy has a bright future.)